Want thicker, longer hair in seconds?
No clips, no glue, no beads, no dramas. Just thicker, longer hair every day. LEARN MORE >>
2200+ 5 star reviews
Chat now! We're online and ‘hair’ to help.
IN THIS ARTICLE
It’s no secret that essential oils are, well, essential for hair growth. And peppermint hair oil is no stranger to the hair growth hype when it comes to stimulating roots.
The signature cooling sensation of peppermint is what gives this oil some pretty amazing hair benefits such as dandruff control, increased blood circulation, and hair growth. It’s especially great for those with significant hair loss or thin hair.
In this guide, I'll talk about all the benefits of peppermint hair oil can do for your hair health along with my tips to get the most growth from it.
Peppermint oil works wonders as a vasodilator, which is just a fancy word meaning it "widens blood vessels". By doing so, it boosts blood flow to your scalp, a crucial factor for promoting hair growth.
Say goodbye to pesky dandruff! Did you know that peppermint oil can effectively treat dandruff and scalp issues? It has natural properties that fight against fungi and bacteria. Using it directly on the scalp can create a healthier environment for your hair to grow beautifully.
Excessive inflammation can harm hair follicles and cause hair loss. But don't worry, peppermint oil can help! It has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe your scalp and promote hair growth.
Tired of an itchy or oily scalp? Peppermint oil's refreshing and invigorating scent will freshen up your scalp, leaving it clean and rejuvenated.
There are studies suggesting that peppermint oil might help stimulate hair growth. In a research study involving mice, scientists discovered that when a 3% peppermint oil solution was applied to their scalps for four weeks, it resulted in increased hair growth. While we need more research to be sure, it's definitely a promising discovery!
Strong hair follicles are less likely to fall out which is uber important for fine hair types that already have less than other heads! Peppermint oil can help enhance strand's strength from the root down, reducing hair loss and hair fall when styling.
Peppermint oil contains lots of essential (and unexpected) vitamins and minerals that help nourish your hair and deliver all these benefits we've been talking about.
You can find iron, magnesium, calcium, folate, potassium, along with vitamins A and C for healthier and shinier hair.
To ensure the freshness and effectiveness of your peppermint hair oil, proper storage is crucial. Here are some useful tips for proper storage:
1. Opt for a glass bottle: Glass bottles are ideal for storing peppermint hair oil as they do not react with the oil and help preserve its potency.
2. Choose a cool, dark place: Find a cool, dark spot in your home, such as a cupboard or drawer, to store your peppermint hair oil. Exposure to heat and light can diminish its potency.
3. Label with the date: Labeling the bottle with the date of preparation allows you to track its storage time and ensure its safety and efficacy.
4. Replace after 6 months: Peppermint oil typically has a shelf life of around six months. To maintain its effectiveness, it's recommended to replace it after this period.
To maximize benefits of peppermint hair oil, follow these steps:
2. Add a few drops: Depending on your hair type and scalp sensitivity, add a few drops of peppermint oil to the carrier oil. Start with 1-2 drops for sensitive skin or increase to 3-4 drops for thicker hair.
3. Massage onto the scalp: Use your fingertips to massage the oil mixture into your scalp thoroughly. Pay special attention to areas like the hairline and crown of your head.
4. Allow it to sit: Leave the oil mixture on your scalp for at least 30 minutes, or even overnight if preferred.
5. Wash as usual: When you're ready, shampoo and condition your hair as you typically would.
For optimal results, use peppermint hair oil 2-3 times per week. If you've got sensitive skin, try applying the peppermint oil just once a week at first.
The frequency of usage can be increased as your scalp adjusts to the product.